Sunday, March 28, 2010

So I am in Japan :D people probably want pictures.. well I'll put some up later :P ERR! This keyboard is kinda difficult so this won't be a long post. So Japan... People don't smell different here, people don't hate Americans, and hardly anybody speaks english. (I have met like 20 people where I live and only 1 speaks english and another can understand slow english) Sooo, that proves that a lot of what people told me is kinda incorrect. Of course maybe those people lived in Tokyo, AKA suedo-Japan. :P I'm in the real deal, everything is pacted together, lots of houses, cherry blossoms, and Mount Fuji right outside my window! The first couple of days the food was difficult to eat and now I'm eating foods I wouldn't even eat back home! Everyone is so nice and yes you have to change your slippers all the time. I did a couple of public baths which are amazing! The top five phrases I use in japanese are:

#1 ありがとう (Arigatou) - Thank you
#2 どういったしまして (Douittashimashite) - Your welcome
#3 だいじょうぶ (Daijoubu) - It's okay/ I'm okay/ Are you okay?
#4 おいしい! (Oishii!) - It's delicious!
#5 ごめんあさい (Gomennasai) - I'm sorry
BONUS さむい! (Samui!) - It's cold!

So when ever any of these are used by others, I feel so very proud of the fact that I have a slight idea of what's going on. I met this man and when I stood up to greet him he said おおきい! (Ookii!) which means, BIG! HAHA I felt proud then too :D

Well, I have been typing this for a while and I feel like I've been on to long so I must leave now! Next post will have pictures!

Ciao!

5 comments:

  1. yay! adjustments are always fun! yes please do load up pictures! hey hey also dude I found something to give you once you get back in a year so ill put it away till then! ttyl and enjoy and update again soon later!

    J.P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! Finally some word back from a friend. Sounds like your having a blast with adjusting to your new life, and of course I am waiting for pictures. Hurry up and learn to speak Japanese already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...good to hear the public baths are working out. I hope it warms up for you soon since "samui!" ...Ciao, Dawg.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We miss your slanted logic in AP Physics. We will follow your progress regularly, in between problem solving. Oh you owe me problems 1-5 page 469, j/k. We demand pictures!

    Your AP Class

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jon-
    Sweet that sounds like a plan! Try not to forget it! Oh, my pedometer had like a million steps lol not really but I've been walking everywhere.

    Joseph-
    Yea it's pretty fun :) try not to waste to much time on youtube... RIDE A BIKE! :P

    Dad-
    I hope it does to! But I'll talk about that more in my next post :D Ciao!

    Mr. Schulz-
    I am so sorry I didn't get that in :P and dont worry, there will be pictures!

    I hope everyone is having fun back home and pictures will be up once I figure out how to post them!

    ReplyDelete