Monday, September 28, 2009

Study in Japan!

Hey everyone, my name is RT and I am going to be taking part in a foriegn exchange program to Japan in 2010 for a year-long study abroad. I have always wanted to go to Japan and I plan on living there once I am out of high school, so this opportunity seems like a great head start! I think it would be so great to be able to go to another country on the OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD and be able to learn about there culture and see things from a different point of view. Also, I gotta admit, it would be really awesome to be able to learn the language while I am over there! Me going to Japan would be like bringing a little piece of the U.S. to a country that I'm sure wonder what it's like for us over here as well. I would love to be able to tell them all about the different kinds of people, food, holidays, and things we do.

I am so happy that my family is so supportive of my decision and so many of my friends are as well!! Everyone has already started giving me ideas, helping find lawns I can mow (HAHA :D), and even setting up fundraisers for me! I have a lot of people that want me to do this and will help me as much as they can to get me there, I'm so greatful that I have so many people that would help with my dream. At first it was a little bit difficult to start raising money for this program, but here over the past couple of weeks we have gotten some real momentum going!

At first I started out by getting a job to raise money (you can find me at People's on the weekends), then I recently started mowing lawns also which is going really well but it sure is hot!!! This past weekend we had a bake sale at Sam's Club and raised over $400 dollars and my mom set another one up for this next weekend at Lowe's. We are also going to be raffling off a couple of grills that will be donated to us, one from our neighbor Duke and one from my mom's boss. Thank you everyone for contributing so much! I only have about 3 months till ALL of the money is due so ideas and support are GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! (because it's quite a bit of cash)

THANK YOU AGAIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment